Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) Community
prickly itching skin
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) and the various conditions related to it such as neuromyotonia (NMT), cramp fasciculation syndrome (CFS), benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS), Isaacs syndrome and others.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

prickly itching skin

I have been having this itching, prickly sensation where it hits my different times during the day and night. so intense that I can't stand it. been buying benerdryl which helps but by the time I have what I call an attack I have to deal with it till the med sets in. but in the mean time clawing my skin which leaves my arms etc brusied with broken blood vessels, very embaressing any sugestions. LAC
Related Discussions
It's not clear to me what you're describing. What part(s) of your body do you experience these sensations on/in? Are the sensations confined to your skin, or do they occur deep in the affected area? Does the Benadryl help reduce the attack itself, or just make your drowsy enough to get through it?

All this makes a difference in accounting for what is going on. You should see a doctor about this. It could be as simple as atopic dermatitis or a similar skin problem, or something more complicated (but still completely treatable). Good luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...