prickly itching skin
I have been having this itching, prickly sensation where it hits my different times during the day and night. so intense that I can't stand it. been buying benerdryl which helps but by the time I have what I call an attack I have to deal with it till the med sets in. but in the mean time clawing my skin which leaves my arms etc brusied with broken blood vessels, very embaressing any sugestions. LAC
It's not clear to me what you're describing. What part(s) of your body do you experience these sensations on/in? Are the sensations confined to your skin, or do they occur deep in the affected area? Does the Benadryl help reduce the attack itself, or just make your drowsy enough to get through it?

All this makes a difference in accounting for what is going on. You should see a doctor about this. It could be as simple as atopic dermatitis or a similar skin problem, or something more complicated (but still completely treatable). Good luck.