Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) Community
right arm pain---elbow, forearm, shoulder, bicep
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) and the various conditions related to it such as neuromyotonia (NMT), cramp fasciculation syndrome (CFS), benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS), Isaacs syndrome and others.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

right arm pain---elbow, forearm, shoulder, bicep

For several weeks now my right arm has been giving me problems.  As I remember it, it started waking up one morning and my shoulder feeling alot of pain.  Days later the pain was all in my elbow and stayed there for at least a week.. Since then the pain moves around in my arm, sometimes its only my elbow that will hurt, other times the top of my forearm just feels like its burning inside, at times my hand feels a little tingly and will go down thru my first two fingers. The pain can be pretty intense at times and then will just go away, sometimes for days at a time and then come back.  seems to be much more intense when I'm sitting down. Doesnt hurt at all to use my arm actually the pain seems to go away if I'm lifitng or holding something.  I'm guessing its nerve related, possibly even a carpal tunnel thing?? I know that writing or typing makes my forearm feel like its been thru a really intense workout.. I hope you can help there are times where the pain is unbearable.. oh, I have also found that an icebag will take away some of the pain as well as lifting my arm over my head or bending it back over my head
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1340994_tn?1374197577
It could originate in your cervical spine or in your rotator cuff.  People with rotator cuff problems often like to sleep with pillows supporting their arm at night.  If it's your spine, maybe the original contour pillow would help.  I love mine.  It supports your neck but lets your head tip back so you are flat.  

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&nord=1&q=original+contour+pillow&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1303&bih=595&ion=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=12681480639138791623&sa=X&ei=W4pfTt2kHI-ugQeYsPmcAg&ved=0CGwQ8wIwAQ

Notice you have a choice of a higher neck support or lower, depending on what feels better.  I turn mine for the higher neck support.  The original contour pillow is not the hot space foam.  
Blank
i have pain in my forearm going through my elbow it feels like someone is cutting my arm with a knife!!my husband thinks its a pinched nerve i think its pulled  muscle or rippped tendon!!
Blank
This that you are describing sounds just like what I am experiencing. It comes and goes and I may go 6 months without it bothering me, then for a week or so the pain is so intense. When I am up moving or doing something I am fine. But when I type or sit for a period of time, like drive it is so painful. Its starting to move down into my elbow or upper arm area. What did you find on your situtaion? The doc told me it was a pulled muscle but I can only describe it as a pinched nerve. I don't think its a muscle but antinflammatory meds do work for a lil while but it comes right back.
Blank
Try air neck traction unit available cheap at amazon.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...