Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) Community
surgery neuropathy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Peripheral Nerve Hyperexcitability (PNH) and the various conditions related to it such as neuromyotonia (NMT), cramp fasciculation syndrome (CFS), benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS), Isaacs syndrome and others.

surgery neuropathy

I have an extreme pereferal neuropathy that Ive been taking opiates for 10 years. I stopped them and the pain is very extreme. I am now taking high dose of neurontin. I want off the drugs. Isnt there a surgry to stop th pain, If so how do I Get it.
thanks
How long have you  been off your opiates? The pain can be from withdrawal. I had the same thing happen the pain was horrible. I didn't realize it was withdrawal until I got through it. My mind and body were fighting for the euphoria I had been feeding it for years. As for the surgery why exactly do you have neuropathy? I blew out 3 disc to get mine. Do you have spinal problems? Have you tried the shots yet? They will get you off of pills at least. I was also on Neurontin at one time be very careful with it. It made me suicidal. :( I will be watching for your post but if there is anything you want kept private feel free to send me a message. Best wishes, Sissie