Pet Behavior Problems Expert Forum
Help

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Behavior Problems & Therapy.

Help

I have 2 2year old Rottweilers.  The ***** has just been spayed and a couple of stitches have burst.  I have had the rest taken out after 10 days.  The vet has given me iodine and intibiotic to put on the wound for 2-3 days and if not healed will re-stitch.  My problem is the male dog is continually worrying her, trying to lick her and now trying to mount her.  I have put him outside but he does not stop barking and crying.  Does he think she is on heat with the scent of the wound.  How can I stop him.
Tags: help
Type of Animal
:  
dog
Age of Animal
:  
2
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
Rottweiller
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
February 02, 2010
Avatar_dr_m_tn
any new scent or strange smell will often make males do this.  keep them separated for a few weeks and this should go away.  if they have to be together, keep him on a house leash or crate one of them until the wound is healed.