Pet Behavior Problems Expert Forum
Male cats, inappropriate urinating, defecating
About This Forum:

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Behavior Problems & Therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Male cats, inappropriate urinating, defecating

I have 2 male cats who are driving me nuts. I don't want to get rid of them so I'm hoping for help.

In the first case I have a 4 year old neutered male tabby who keeps urinating on rugs. He is not spraying he is actually just squatting and peeing on them. Sometimes he will also go behind the entertainment center and pee on the laminate floor. How can I break him of this behavior?

In the second case I adopted a neutered male tabby from a rescue organization about 6 months ago. I have 6 other cats besides this one and he does not get along with any of them. He is very afraid and hides from them. 3 of them have actually attacked him so he has reason to fear them and hide. I keep him shut in my bedroom with his own food, water and litter box. This was working out fine until a few days ago. I caught him urinating in my purse and also on a blanket that was on the floor. He has also defecated on a book bag, some hats and a blanket that were on the floor on several occasions. I am very attached to him but feel he may do better in a home where he is the only cat. My daughter is very upset and does not want to get rid of him and neither do I. Is there any way I can stop this behavior and get him socialized with the other cats?

Thanks!
Type of Animal
:  
Cats
Age of Animal
:  
1 and 4
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
tabby
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
July 10, 2009
City
:  
Newark
State/Province
:  
DE