Pet Behavior Problems Expert Forum
Panic Attacks
About This Forum:

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Behavior Problems & Therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Panic Attacks

Hi,
Last month my husband and I adopted Solly from a Bassett Rescue.
He is a beautiful and healthy senior citizen.
In Sols previous life he was a breeder and lived in a kennel.  He now sleeps in his tent in our bedroom and lives in the house.  He has a new sister and a couple of cats he ignores.  Solly is slowy starting to fit in and we see little bits of improvement in his behavior weekly.
My question is: he is very distrustful of men and has panic attacks over loud noises or fast movement.  He will want to come to you when called but he panics and paces instead.  Is this something he is going to get over with time or is he a candidate for prozac?  No matter what the outcome he will be loved and adored!  Any ideas would be gratefully accepted.  Oh...we have no  kids..although he seems to love them.

Thank you!

Legalgirl5
Type of Animal
:  
Bassett Hound
Age of Animal
:  
10 years young
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
Dog
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
September 29, 2009
City
:  
Erie
State/Province
:  
PA
Blood Test Results
:  
Fine
X-Ray Results