Pet Behavior Problems Expert Forum
leaking urine?

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Behavior Problems & Therapy.

leaking urine?

my grandma passed last year and we took in her english pointer, hunting dog.....  all of the barking blows, but other then that she is a great buddy!.....but lately i have noticed that when she is laying on the floor for a while, after she gets up there is always a wet spot, it towards her butt. and i noticed she has all of a sudden developed a limp, she does fall alot cause she is hairy the hair grows between the pads of her paws,, we try and trim as much as possible, but it grows fast......

any idea why she would be leaking?.... my old dog did this b4 we had to put her down.... im nervous
Type of Animal
:  
dog
Age of Animal
:  
10 years old
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
english pointer
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
December 28, 2008
City
:  
tamarac
State/Province
:  
fl
You need to take her to your veterinarian.  Leaking urine is not normal behavior.  It can be common in older spayed females, but it could also indicate any number of medical problems.  Take her to your veterinarian.