Pet Behavior Problems Expert Forum
problem child
About This Forum:

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Behavior Problems & Therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

problem child

I have a rescued "pit bull bait dog". We received her when she was ~ 10 wks old. Starving, scarred, fighting over food.  She is dog agressive, often bullying other's away from their food dish, behaviors like that. With us she is just a big old love hound. She no longer piddles when petted, but she is afraid of everything, and everyone, (but us of course.) She has been throught dog training and excelled at that. But we were told by the trainer that she needs behavior therapy. I cannot find a behavior trainer anywhere locally. She is with us for good as she is un-adoptable as she is. Is there anything I can do to ease her anxiety. She takes Reconcile daily but it has little effect except to stop her constant yawning with a whine, and whinning at us when we are not paying attention to her. We have also tried holistic meds on her for her anxiety. How can I help this dog.
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
Mixed, hound, pit bull.
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
September 30, 2009
City
:  
milton
State/Province
:  
Florida
Blood Test Results
:  
N/A
X-Ray Results