Pet Skin Problems Expert Forum
Bump under eye

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Skin Problems.

Bump under eye

My bullie has a bump that is under her right eye. I pop it with a needle and clear fluid comes out and some blood , then it gets boggy but within a few days it is there again and hard... Do you know what this can be?? Clogged duct ?
Type of Animal
:  
dog
Age of Animal
:  
4 years
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
English Bulldog
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
April 21, 2009
City
:  
Austin
State/Province
:  
Texas
Skin nodules can be due to a tumor, granuloma, abcess (abscess), or cyst. The mass you are describing may be an infected granuloma or cyst, and I recommend that you take your dog to the veterinarian within the next few days for appropriate diagnosis and treatment, starting with microscopic analysis of the fluid +/- biopsy or surgical removal depending on initial lab results.
Kimberly Coyner, DVM DACVD
I agree with Dr. Coyner.  Please see your veterinarian and be aware that abscesses from the teeth can appear above the tooth under the eye as well.  Your veterinarian can better explain this relationship and determine if it is of skin or mouth origin.