Pet Skin Problems Expert Forum
Discharge.
About This Forum:

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Skin Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Discharge.

Hello,

I was scratching my dogs stomach the other night, and I noticed her nipples are still a little swollen sincer she was in heat ( which happened over Christmas) ..

So i slightly squeezed  one of them, and this yellowish sticky discharge came out. It didnt "pop"  so to speak, but it  reminded me of like a bug bite kinda  discharge. She's just over a year old (she was born in October) and this was her first heat.  Her nipples where HUGE and they arent as big now, but theyre still swollen at the base. Not all of them are though.  Just the four on her lower stomach. and  the  higher they go up her ribcage the bigger they are.  I don't think shes pregnant, but if she was, shes not showing anything.   I live three hours away from the nearest vet, so I was wondering if anyone can let me know if they have an idea of whats going on  before I rush out and  get her checked.

So what Im basically asking is ...  is it normal to have this happen to a young dog after her first heat?  

I heard somewhere that it could be a ghost pregnancy and this is pre-milk, but I just wanna know if you have any serious thoughts on this ..

Thanks
Type of Animal
:  
Dog
Age of Animal
:  
1 year
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
Boxer
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
August 01, 2009