Pet Skin Problems Expert Forum
Hair around eye is gone

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Skin Problems.

Hair around eye is gone
My male dog just was neutered and following surgery after he was home a week I noticed that the hair around his one eye is missing and thin -Is this due to the eye pads used during surgery?? He is not itching the area. And will the hair come back and will it take a long time? bThank you
Sorry to here about the eye.  Typically during surgery, we do not use anything on the eyes though this may vary from veterinarian to veterinarian.  In a young dog, we do see a certain type of mange called demodex that can manifest itself in hair loss around the eyes.  I would recommend calling your veterinarian so they can look at the eye to determine if a further work up would be warranted or will this resolve on it's own.  

Good luck.