Pet Skin Problems Expert Forum
Hair loss
About This Forum:

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Skin Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hair loss

My dog Koke has severe hair loss, he was given a urine test and blood test, and he was given antibiotics.  He still has hair loss and am scared to take him out on sunny days because of sun burn.  Is it old age?  He also has arthritis, but I give him doggy asprin.  Thank you.
Type of Animal
:  
dog
Age of Animal
:  
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
Yorkie/Australian Terrier & Jack Russel
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
March 30, 2009
City
:  
Sitka
State/Province
:  
Ak
Related Discussions
931614_tn?1283486270
There are many many reasons for hairloss  from within the body and outside the body.  It is extremely unlikely related to old age.  What were the urine and blood test results?  Also, I would recommend avoiding aspirin, as it can cause damage to the stomach lining and is really not very effective.  We have much safer more effective medications that can be used based on the blood results.  Please speak with your veterinarian about these options as well as the urine/blood results.  How much does your little guy weigh?  How many cups or ounces of water does he drink?  What is his appetite like?  Until a culprit can be found, taking him out in the sun with a light doggy jacket/sweater may be beneficial.
2 Comments
Blank
Thank you for your answer.  I am taking him to his vet at the end of the month.  
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979