Pet Skin Problems Expert Forum
Skin Condition
About This Forum:

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Skin Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Skin Condition

My cat has a lot of bumps on her entire body.  She hasn't had this condition in about 5 years.  I was told she was allergic to Frontline so I changed to Advantage.  Because she is an indoor cat she hasn't had any threat of fleas so I don't use anything for her.  The only other symptom I notice is she lays around alot with her tongue sticking out a little.  Any advice on what this means?
Type of Animal
:  
Cat
Age of Animal
:  
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
Long Hair Domestic
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
September 21, 2006
City
:  
orlando
State/Province
:  
fl
Blood Test Results
:  
none
X-Ray Results
:  
n/a
Other pertinent test results
:  
n/a
Related Discussions
931674_tn?1283485296
Please give more details on the size, location and appearance of the bumps. Are they itchy?  Has she been evaluated by your veterinarian for this condition? Have any skin biopsies been performed? And when you say she hasn't had this condition in about 5 years, do you mean she had the condition 5 years ago, it went away and now has recurred?  Little itchy crusty bumps can be due to flea allergy dermatitis or other allergies or skin infections.  Larger nodules can indicate skin cancer. I recommend veterinary evaluation; if needed your veterinarian can refer you to a veterinary dermatologist (www.acvd.org).
Good luck,
Kimberly Coyner, DVM DACVD
Dermatology Clinic for Animals of Las Vegas
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank