Pet Skin Problems Expert Forum
bald patch of skin
About This Forum:

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Skin Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bald patch of skin

My dog has long hair, so I only noticed this last time i gave her a bath.  She has a patch of bald skin on her back.  It's small, probably 1 inch across, and a little flaky.  It's near where I usually put frontline on her, so I'm wondering if that could be the cause, although it's been a few months since I've used it on her.  I noticed it about a month ago and have been watching to see if it goes away, but it hasn't.  Should I be concerned?

As a side note, we adopted our dog while living in Africa, and have since brought her to the states.  She's been here almost a year now.  I'm not sure about her vaccinations or previous vet visits because she's my cousin's dog and has only recently come to live with me exclusively.
Tags: Skin, bald
Type of Animal
:  
dog
Age of Animal
:  
2 years
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
unknown - small dog
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
March 28, 2009