Pet Skin Problems Expert Forum
hair changing color
About This Forum:

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Skin Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

hair changing color

My beautfiul grey haired cat's furr is changing color- turning a brownish color mostly on her sides and back. It has been happening for a few months.  Her underbelly is still grey and some white and her head is grey.  Im not sure if this is something to be concerned about.  I read online that diet changes or sitting in the sun can sometimes do this- which she does lay in the window and gets sun exposure- however her hair has never changed colors in the past years.  Her dry food did change within last 6 months because one of my cat has crystals so I put them all on the SO dry.  She still gets her normal friskeys wet food though.  I also read that more serious problems can sometimes cause this. What are your thoughts?
Type of Animal
:  
cat
Age of Animal
:  
Sex of Animal
:  
Female
Breed of Animal
:  
long haired grey- kind of persian looking
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
May 04, 2009
City
:  
manchester
State/Province
:  
CT
Blood Test Results
:  
everything was normal at her physical  and she had her vaccines at that time
X-Ray Results
:  
none done
Other pertinent test results
:  
She has a history of frequent yeast infections of her ears- which I treat- usually occurs1x year, sometimes 2x a year