Pet Skin Problems Expert Forum
sore on my dogs ear

This forum is for pet health questions regarding Skin Problems.

sore on my dogs ear
My dog has the sore on here ear. It looks like a zit. But its hard. The skin is raised around an area where a white hard substance is sticking out. The skin is not discolored in any way that I know of. The white hard portion looks like a ball on top of the mound but you can tell it is more stick like and continues into the mound. What is it? I think if could be a type of bug that burrowed in there but she has never gotten anything like it before.  Any suggestions?
A raised mass on the ear can be due to a skin tumor, foreign object under the skin, cyst, or a reaction to an insect bite/sting. I recommend having the mass checked by your veterinarian--they can take a sample with a needle to diagnose it, and to evaluate if it needs to be surgically removed.
Good luck,
Kimberly Coyner, DVM DACVD
www.dermvetvegas.com