Aa
A
A
Close
Emetophic and losing my mind
Does anyone else have emetophobia? I have a horrible fear of food borne illness's mainly as you normally don't throw up with the flu once your an adult. Anyways its gotten worse, I won't let anyone cook for me, I wash my hands with scolding water so much I think I actually lost sensitivity. If I eat anything that has a 1% chance of having food poisoning I freak out for days and won't leave the house. I won't touch anything I eat I use utensils, and I try to open things with my elbows so I don't touch anything someone may have touched with raw meat on their hands. I've even rubbed hand sanitizer on my mouth if I thought I touched my mouth after touching anything that was out of my safe zone. Help me please get over this!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I have had this all my life. I am 57. I never went to your extremes but I do understand. I wish I knew how to get over it but I have tried many things and none worked. Doesn't mean they won't for you. I take paxil now and it helps a lot. Go see a psychiatrist. Hope you get some help.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.
Phobias Community Resources