Phobias Community
Fear of sperm

Phobias are a type of anxiety disorder where one has a strong, irrational fear of something that poses little or no actual danger. Discuss topics including social phobias, claustrophobia and treatment options.

Fear of sperm

I have had a fear of sperm for years... For a number of reasons.  Part of it is guilt related.  Part of it is probably an OCD glitch.  Mainly it's at my age now 43 I don't want any more kids--- one beautiful daughter is plenty.   I've tried depp hated it. I've been on the pill hated it.  I've ateemped tubal surgery twice and chickened out.  I've never had a hysterectomy and would prefer not to if possible.  I know I hav a real irrational problem.  I think it's sort of like a phobia.  And even whn I'm super careful for example condom and vcf with intercourse I still worry that some "mystery sperm got in.  Crazy huh?  So crazy I have taken a scary number of pregnacy tests to help ease the anxiety.  And then doubted the results.  I guess I want constructive help and feedback on how unlikely it is to get pregnant if u use precautions.  And also feedback on of its even possible to get pregnant without intercourse? For example is sperm is accidently on someone's hand and touches my body can mystery sperm get u pregnant.  Can it live long enough to get in?  
I hesitate to post this because logically I know I sound irrational but emotionally I live with fear.  I don't really believe in abortion but I'm at the point in life where I don't want to start again.  
Is there hope for me sooner then menapause?  Help.
Hello there!

Hon, sounds more like OCD to me (in my unofficial opinion).  Have you ever been evaluated by a psychiatrist?  If not, you need to.

The answer doesn't lie in birth control, or menopause...you have to fix that thought process.  Even if you had a total hysterectomy, you would find a way to fear sperm...or your irrational fears would change, and you would start worrying about something else.

Definitely get yourself some help...start working with a professional.  Best of luck...let me know how it goes!