Phobias Community
Small but big phobia.

Phobias are a type of anxiety disorder where one has a strong, irrational fear of something that poses little or no actual danger. Discuss topics including social phobias, claustrophobia and treatment options.

Small but big phobia.

Well hello. I am a 14 year old girl who has a phobia of spiders. Yes you may be thinking, 'oh thats stupid, you will get over it'. Please i hope your not, but with me it is a little exaggerated. I feel uncomfortable when looking at a picture, which strikes all these different thoughts within me. I have to scan the ceiling and walls before i walk into a room, and am kept awake almost every night for more than 30 at most by it. I close my eyes, then open them and check all around me and even turn the light on. Once i have done that i close my eyes once again, and the process is then repeated every few minutes, or seconds, if i am unlucky. Its as if during the few seconds of closing my eyes, a spider will just appear in my room. And my worst fear is if it crawls on me. AGHHHH i usually freeze when i see a huge one in the house, and i dont know what to do. My whole world is put in suspense. I am aware that spiders are more scared of me than i am of them, although with me you never know...... But it doesnt seem to help.
Any advice to help me please....?
I'm the same way I can't even see a pic if a spider without feeling my heart race a Lil bit faster !!!! N seeing them in front of me is even worse I've screamed like somebody was trying to kill me !!!!! Don't feel bad Hun ur not the only one I'm 30 yrs old and spiders scare the crap outta me !!!!!
Thanks. But i dont understand why i am so paranoid with them, alwyas thinking that they will appear out of nowhere.... it takes up most of my life...
I moved from the city to the woods lol I'm living in a big house surrounded by wildlife n so on . I hate it more because there are spiders everywhere omg I found out spraying them with Lysol , bleach, or any other chemical will kill them !!! I understand what ur going threw I'm so overly paranoid of seeing one its driving me crazy. Spiders are scary lil shots that's the only thing that would get me to run out the house naked lol