Social phobia with Speaking: Can someone advise?
I have a speech "disability." I suffered SIDS shorty after birth due to a nurse's negligence. It left me with a speech issue and some tightening of the muscles. I sound very clear and audible and very much understood - it's just my lips move a little more that usual and that is because of the way I taught myself to express certain words in order to be clearer, I guess - and this is according to my speech therapist. I recently saw her for some dysphagia issues and told her about my voice and she said I really don't need voice therapy.

Thing is this, I just went for a physical and I told my doc I'm taking a few courses that require presentations, and told him about my issue. He said my "disability" has nothing to do with me sounding shaky, out of breath, or tense. He said it's social phobia.

He prescribed something, but i only take it when i feel i'll be in a tense situation, like a presentation. But I don't want to use this medication, and get my body used to it. I need to feel good in my own skin. why cant i do this? how can i get comfortable talking in front of people? I've improved alot but I still tense and get shaky? Any advice?
I just want to add that my voice sounds a bit high-pitched but not nasal or "The Nanny," but someone told me similar to that of a deaf person ONLY when nervous. When calm, my voice is very normal-sounding.