Aa
A
A
Close
1180215 tn?1356138333
am i the only one?
I have a fear of dogs/puppys. I can't go near them. If i see one not on a leash i go crazy my heart starts beating fast and get the urge to run i cant help it. I'am sick of people telling me to stand still put your stupid dog on a leash not everyone is going to think it is cute. If a dog ever came up to me i will hit it i pre warn the owners for self defense. I can ride a horse pet a sheep just cant do dogs.. what can i do to get over this fear
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
585414 tn?1288944902
   Yes I have had this phobia and I found the best way was for me to gradually be able to have neighbrs who did have dogs help me learn how not to be frightened. The more I was able to not to have ths fear the easier it was to cope with. At first I was terrified (this was years back) then I was able to gradually able to pet them and one time walk one with a leash. The same of course would not be true for dogs that were unfamiliar but the fear was less. Dogs rely on instinct and when they see a person who looks or acts frightened they can become aggressive. Learning to underrstand the fear can be of help. A person who owns a dog could explain this further.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Phobias Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank