Phobias Community
cigarettes phobia

Phobias are a type of anxiety disorder where one has a strong, irrational fear of something that poses little or no actual danger. Discuss topics including social phobias, claustrophobia and treatment options.

cigarettes phobia

I have a phobia of burn holes burn marks cigarette butts wet cigarettes it's disgusting makes me feel dirty smell of cigarettes too...any one else ???
Cigarette smoking is a disgusting habit.  The smoke from cigarettes not only damage the person who is smoking, but also everyone else who is around.  Not just the smell, but the toxins that we have to breathe in when we are near a smoking person.

One cigarette has 92 carcinogens and for every 7 cigarettes that a person smokes the person who is not smoking a cigarette that is in the same room as the smoker will have inhaled the equivalent of 1 cigarette.  

The cigarette smoke also lingers on the clothes and in the hair and also in furniture walls and curtains.  

Have you ever been to a house where a compulsive smoker lives in?  You will see everything has a coated orange look.  Cigarettes also stain the teeth and nails of a smoker.  

If you do not smoke, you can smell a smoker even when a cigarette is not being smoked and their breath stinks of it too.
I too have a phobia about cigarettes. I was raised by parents that used to smoke, and i hated it. I cannot stand dirty ashtrays or cigarette buts, especially on the beach. I have just come home from holiday and everytime I went to the beach I would have to cover up any cigarette butts with sand, and also tried to ensure that there were none visible around the sun lounger. Seeing cigarette butts on the street also repulses me. If I am in the company of someone smoking which is rare, I can tolerate it, but I refuse to handle a cigarette and I try to avoid even holding a packet of cigarettes. I remember being asked to hold a cigarette for someone once and when I returned it, I had to go and scrub my hands. I just wish cigarettes were banished from this earth once and for all.