Phobias Community
fear of human hair

Phobias are a type of anxiety disorder where one has a strong, irrational fear of something that poses little or no actual danger. Discuss topics including social phobias, claustrophobia and treatment options.

fear of human hair

Hello I am 22 years old and a lady. As a kid I ate my hair, honestly ate it. At a very young age my dad said if I keep eating hair then they will have to take it out of my stomach. So got the hair cut short and got over eating hair. But since then I have an intense fear of human hair that is not attached to the head. I would panic if it landed on me, I shaved my head for 3 years. I decided to grow my hair like 2 years ago, and the fear had gone down to almost 0. But now that my hair is past my shoulders a bit, I see the stray hairs shedding everywhere. I'm starting to freak out again while cleaning. If my hair falls on the counter while I'm trying to clean the counter, It takes a few minutes to get the nerve to touch it and remove it even though I wear gloves while cleaning. Human hair is a type of waste product, and I think that's apart of my fear. Lol but I am no way squeamish Ive removed dead animals human poop vomit, you name it I cleaned it up. But human hair is just gross. I want some advice so I don't shave my head again. My husband likes my hair, he delt with the shaved head but Diddnt like it, I Diddnt either honestly.
Tags: Fear