Phobias Community
phobia of swallowing any oral medication
About This Community:

Phobias are a type of anxiety disorder where one has a strong, irrational fear of something that poses little or no actual danger. Discuss topics including social phobias, claustrophobia and treatment options.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

phobia of swallowing any oral medication

for some reason when I reached 7 or 8  years old I completely stopped taking any oral medication. When medication is near me I become sweaty anxious and nauseous. if a medication is put near me I begin having panic attacks.

Any suggestions on how to take medication?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I would also like to know. I got a staff infection from my local hospital 4 days ago i was suppose to start the antibiotics everytime i try to my throat closes up, my body tenses, i shiver and get panic attacks. I would end up balled up in a corner panicing and crying, sometimes i would even pass out. If i don't take these i could die   seriously need suggestions on how to get over this so i can just take them
Blank
4251246_tn?1351726432
One of my clients is afraid of choking on her pills, so I am always looking for different ways to help her.  I was wondering if either of you have tried using liquids or looked into using suppositories for your meds.  These ways are available, but you have to ask your doctor for them.  I found out about these other ways when I had to get off paxil and onto another antidepressant.  It was so hard, I had to use liquid to go down very very slowly.  When I was ill in the hospital, I was vomiting a lot, so I used suppositories.

If you want to get over the fear, have someone sit with you while you take your medicines.  Find someone you trust, and have them say you will be OK while you are taking them.  Just a thought.  good luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Phobias Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank