Phobias Community
school phobia at 18 years of age

Phobias are a type of anxiety disorder where one has a strong, irrational fear of something that poses little or no actual danger. Discuss topics including social phobias, claustrophobia and treatment options.

school phobia at 18 years of age

i got diagnosed with school phobia in 2010 when i started a new school in a new country, i cant describe how i felt, i would screem crying asking my mum not to leave in the morning when she went to work, i didnt want her to leave me, in school i couldnt do anything, my fear was over ruleing me. i would have panic attacts all through the day they never stoped, i even had suciadal thought. my parents eventually pulled me out of school i was a counserlor for about a year then went back to school lesson by lesson and my dean was a massive help. when the next year came along i was terrified agen and had to be counseled agen but i setteld in this time. this year im going back in a few days and i am sick to my stomace with worrie, im so scerd but i dont no what of, its like last time i never no what im scerd of. iv stoped my anti depresants not i stoped a few moths back. what do i do to be ok in school this year. i know that my parents are sick of it by now they must me, im 18 femail and i cant go to school. it sounds so pethetic but i cant control it. pleas help
I know the feeling of having a phobia and lost on what to do. I think you should talk to your parents about it again because no matter how hard you try it wont just go away. Look at it this way, your almost done with school. Good luck
If you really have a school phobia ( which is the first time I hear of , did some extreme happen in school? ) then you should simply switch to self-study. Ask you principal ( you are 18 years old ) to sign you as self study, get teachers e-mails skypes and such and study. can't really think of any other way if you want to continue your education.

good luck.
Don't give up on yourself.  The "average"  way of things  and thinking are not for everyone.  So your fears are different than the average person.  Figure out what is important to you and go get it. You are old enough to get answers and make decisions, that's great, people will listen to you. If not, you're talking to the wrong people or to people that don't understand (it's not their fault).  Seek help and don't stop until you are happy with the results.  Try new things and someday you might be the one helping others with similar problems! : )
:-( me too I had it and its really ***** no matter how hard i try to go to school but i can't I'm scared I'm in college now I had it since I was in high school.