Physical Therapy Expert Forum
Abdominal Collapse

This is a place to get answers to your personal questions about how physical therapy can help you recover from injuries or lessen pain caused by chronic conditions such as arthritis.

Abdominal Collapse

Hi. When I stand up straight and slowly arch my back backwards, my lower abs (more specifically, the area from the base of the penis to a few inches below the belly button) start to collapse inwards, becoming unnaturally flat (as opposed to round like the rest of my belly: from an upside down U to a \_/). In addition, I feel general tightness in this area, as well as a faint neverending consistent spasm in my pelvic floor area.

I think I have an extremely severe case of CPPS (Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome) I also have atrophied glutes, possible anterior pelvic tilt, and severe erectile dysfunction. I have extremely weak ischiocavernosus muscles that make it extremely difficult to get an erection (not to mention unsustainable). In addition, my penis spasms uncontrollably every second when it is 60-100% erect.
My recommendation would be for you to seek the advise of a urologist as soon as possible to give a great path of direction to get yourself better.
Best in health,
JAG