Physical Therapy Expert Forum
Back trouble now strange electric pain in fingers up arm

This is a place to get answers to your personal questions about how physical therapy can help you recover from injuries or lessen pain caused by chronic conditions such as arthritis.

Hi just wondered if any1 can help me

About 4yrs ago I had an accident at work,cut along story short I damaged discs in my back and after months of treatment was told that it would never be 100 percent, and every once in awhile it flares up again but calms down with rest and has been fine for atleast 6months now I have a new problem and I think they may be linked

About a month ago when lifting something slightly heavy at work I got a strange kind of shooting pain/electric shock from the very tip of my index finger to right up near my elbow, it didn't hurt to be fair it kind of tickled and went away and didn't last more than a second

Fast forward 4weeks and it happens often and daily but alot stronger with a kick with a sharpe pain that again lasts no longer than a couple of seconds but the concern is that I lose my grip when it happens

I have seen my local gp but the strange thing is it never happens whilst I'm there so he is kinda at a lose and try giving my tablets!

I'm nearly 29 and would describe myself as healthy but slightly overweight

Does any1 no of anything like this as it's no a real concern for me

Thank you
I think it would be beneficial to have a followup MRI and visit to your orthopedics office for an updated examintion.  Also, I would consult with your old therpist to re -educate common back injury pit falls.  Best in health, JAG