Physical Therapy Expert Forum
Can't build stamina

This is a place to get answers to your personal questions about how physical therapy can help you recover from injuries or lessen pain caused by chronic conditions such as arthritis.

Can't build stamina
My daughter and I are both experiencing the same problem...When we start an exercise routine, we start slow and increase weight, repetitions, time, etc.  The problem is that the more we exercise, the more our stamina goes down. In fact, I get to the point where I have to cut my routine in half to not be exhausted for the entire day following my exercise.  I have been following this same routine for two months now, and my daily pain levels are up and my stamina is down.  I can't even maintain the level I began with.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this or how to remedy it?