Physical Therapy Expert Forum
Front of the Shinbone/Calves Pain
About This Forum:

This is a place to get answers to your personal questions about how physical therapy can help you recover from injuries or lessen pain caused by chronic conditions such as arthritis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Front of the Shinbone/Calves Pain

Hello,

I am a soccer player, however recently I have experienced a lot of pain/exhaustion on the front part of the calves when I play outdoor. I never seem to get this problem when I play indoor on a flat surface with sneakers. When I play outdoor, after a very short period of play (around 10 minutes), the front part of my shinbone seems to be completely exhausted at such a point it hurts. It's not really my calves because I can tell the feeling of fatigue seems to come from the front part. It seems like its a burden staying up on my legs, I can feel the fatigue constantly but it seems to get worst when I am walking quickly. I don't understand why is it only when I play outdoor. I get this feeling sometimes also when I am walking rapidly in my everyday life, plus it nevers bothers me when I play indoor. Could it be my cleats? Socks too tight?

I am slightly flat footed, and the doctor told me it's not necessary for me to get a customized sole. Could this be the problem? Could the lacing on the cleats being too loose or too tight be the problem? It seems that when I removed my shinpads (which are a bit tight) it seems to SLIGHTLY help me.

Please help me, I'm tired of finding myself on the bench and unable to play.