Physical Therapy Expert Forum
Knee Pain thats new for me

This is a place to get answers to your personal questions about how physical therapy can help you recover from injuries or lessen pain caused by chronic conditions such as arthritis.

Knee Pain thats new for me

I have Patellar Tendonitis, its been an on and off thing for almost 20 years (im 34). Today I went for a run and upon completion I went to do a quadriceps stretch, and coulnt ben my right leg further then 90 degrees, and the pain in the knee seems to be to the right of the patellar tendon and it is painful to the touch, while the tendon itself is not. This is new to me and made me wonder if anyone knows what this might be? Thanks in advance.
You need to see a good soft tissue orthopedic who will put you on a good progressive protocol of treatment with a good sports physical therapist.  I also suggest the utilization of the LitCure class IV Laser.  Best in Health, JAG