Physical Therapy Expert Forum
Muscle trigger pointe
About This Forum:

This is a place to get answers to your personal questions about how physical therapy can help you recover from injuries or lessen pain caused by chronic conditions such as arthritis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Muscle trigger pointe

My doctor has advised some exercises to help with a problem with my chest and shoulder, he says there are muscle trigger points, particularly in my left shoulder, which are causing me problems. I worry about heart diesease from these pains, he says he thinks it is muscular combined with extreme anxiety about it being angina or some sort of heart disease.  The exercise I was told to do was press hard on the trigger point in my shoulder for 10 seconds, then put my left arm behind my back and as far to the right as I can and then look to the right -feeling tension in my neck. HOld for 10 secs then touch my left shoulder with my left hand and rotate anti clockwise and then clockwise 10 times each way.

Can you suggest any other helpful exercises or anything at all that can help with the trigger points?