Physical Therapy Expert Forum
Severe Thigh Pain

This is a place to get answers to your personal questions about how physical therapy can help you recover from injuries or lessen pain caused by chronic conditions such as arthritis.

Severe Thigh Pain

I have been suffering from periodic severe thigh pain for a number of years with no diagnosis.  The pain is on the inner thigh just above the knee (VMO area??) and at times, like now, is in a state of constant stabbing pain.  The pain is mostly manageable with a large number of tramadol (50 mg - 10+ per day).  The pain will then flare up to severe when all I can do is hold my leg, wait for it to pass and try not to cry out, especially when at work.  There is no difference to the pain whether I am resting or using my leg (walking, swimming etc.) PLEASE can someone tell me what could be causing it and what I can do to stop it.  I am no stranger to pain as have injured myself a number of times over the years but the stabbing pain in my thigh, when at its worst, is the worst I have ever felt.

PLEASE HELP!!!