Physical Therapy Expert Forum
back pain

This is a place to get answers to your personal questions about how physical therapy can help you recover from injuries or lessen pain caused by chronic conditions such as arthritis.

back pain

i cashier for 4 to 6 hrs a a time 4 days a week.  I have back severe back pain at  waist that radiates down the left side of my leg to my foot and even my left shoulder
Regarding your back pain, static standing can often times increase muscle tightness in the back, hamstrings, and gluts.  Also compressive forces on the spine over prolonged periods can close off nerve roots exiting the spinal column causing radiated pain into the legs.  Physical therapy can help to educate you in the proper exercises to prevent these symptoms form progressing and help to decrease your pain.  If you would like a referral for a physical therapy center please let me know the region you currently reside and I will attempt to locate a facility for you to be evaluated.

Best in Health,
JAG