Physical Therapy Expert Forum
cervical disc degeneration, bone spurs, pain...
About This Forum:

This is a place to get answers to your personal questions about how physical therapy can help you recover from injuries or lessen pain caused by chronic conditions such as arthritis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

cervical disc degeneration, bone spurs, pain...

I have been given an Rx for PT for neck pain - arthritis in C5, C7 (and bone spurs).  I've had PT in past (whiplash 12 years ago, pain behind shoulder blade a few years ago) and it made no difference.  I really can't afford the $60/week co-pays this is going to cost me and am wondering what PT can do for me anyway.  It can't heal the arthritis or re-inflate the discs.  My symptoms include spasms, knife-like pain behind shoulder blade, tingling in neck, arms, hands and fingers, limited  mobility in neck.  Some insight would be appreciated.  Thanks.
1 Comment
Blank
I forgot to add - I also got Rx for muscle relaxers.  They help with the spasms.  Rx for naproxin - helps some with pain.  Nothing relieves the popping and grinding every time I move my neck.  And the m. relaxers wipe me out - I can hardly function for 24 hours.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979