Physical Therapy Expert Forum
how long does it take to heal a broken finger

This is a place to get answers to your personal questions about how physical therapy can help you recover from injuries or lessen pain caused by chronic conditions such as arthritis.

I broke my middle finger right Weeks ago. The doctor said that I cracked my middle joint on the middle finger. I am still wearing my splint and can barely bend my finger. I could bend it halfway until I dropped something on it. What should I do and should I be able to bend it?
It takes 8 to 10 weeks for bone health and healing.  As for joint motion it is recommneded after being immobile to attend physical therapy for a course of 4 to 6 weeks to regain full function and strength.  Best in health, JAG