Physical Therapy Expert Forum
shooting pain in knee

This is a place to get answers to your personal questions about how physical therapy can help you recover from injuries or lessen pain caused by chronic conditions such as arthritis.

shooting pain in knee
Hi there, i am 23 yr old male and have been suffering from a sharp shooting pain and burning sensation in my left knee when kneeling. I hear lots of cracking from both of my knees also and the other day at work my left knee was in pain when running and driving my work van also. Has anyone got any idea what this could be. I would be extremely grateful. Thought i would try this instead of going to the doctor incase im wasting time. Thanks
It sounds like you have patellafemoral syndrome with chondromalacia and crepitus.  You need to see a doctor ASAP to get you into a good physical therpay regime. Your symptoms will resolve if you are diligent with the treatment protcol Best in health, JAG