Playgroup: Babies 0-6 Months Community
Anyone else cloth diapering???

WELCOME TO THE PLAYGROUP: BABIES 0-6 MONTHS COMMUNITY: This Playgroup is a support community where parents of babies 0-6 months old can discuss topics such as baby health, safety, developmental milestones, sleeping, feeding, crying, as well as social challenges and financial concerns. We invite you to relax, and stay awhile. It's your place to share advice and make new friends!

Anyone else cloth diapering???

I have been cloth diapering Lyla since she turned 1 month old. I absolutely love it!!! She has the cutest cloth diaper butt ever. These are not old school cloth diapers like most people think of. They are actually really easy and Lyla stays very very dry. I just couldnt bear keeping her in a plastic/paper material down there. Just wondering if anyone else is doing this too???
I wanted to badly, but was talked out of it by DH and my family. They all said they would never change her, and that if any of them watched her they would use disposable, not the cloth ones. (I love my supportive family) If I ever have more children, I'm definitely going to do it in the future.
Don't feel bad at all Clysta, I too was scorned by others on the cloth diapering, but my husband supported me on it.  I had a lot of fun with it, it was such a great change.  You can even make your own diaper covers if you want.

As our son grew and began urinating more though we graduated to disposables again.  I do notice with breastfed children that they have more frequent bowel movements and urinate several more times (especially if exclusively breastfeeding).... so as they grow you might be changing them more frequently.  We did get our cloth diapers from Green Mountain Diapers:

http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/
I do both. In the day i do the cloth diaper just because it gets really hot over here where I live, so I could just imagine how my daughter might feel with the disposable one on, but during the night and when I go out I use the disposable. My mom suggested it to me, she told me that is what she did during the summers to help us keep cooler.
They definitely do keep you cooler I think, and that's a good idea with altering between night and day.
I am in love with cloth diapering. To be honest buying them has become a bit of an obsession since they are so adorable =) We do it day and night and have no problems with leaks or anything. At first I had some that I didnt like but now I exclusively use Just Simply Baby cloth diapers because they work the best!! Happy to see some of you other mommy's are with me on this
call me crazy but there was always something about the sweet smell of a cloth diaper versus the disposables.  Even with a cloth diaper wet or dirty, it always smelled better than the disposables.  And yes you can get some very cute covers.  There are even ways you can sew your own too which is great.
We are using gdiapers... Cloth & dispisable inserts
How long do most of your use cloth diapers, do you use them up till training or switch over to disposables after they get older?
They cloth diapers I have are One size so I can use them from newborn through potty training. I will never use a disposable again after cloth diapering. I know its dumb but I just think disposable diapers are yucky. I used to not feel that way but I cant stand the way a baby looks in a disposable saggy wet diaper. My daughter lyla's cloth diapers never sag- she never has a diaper rash, and is always comfy with her fluffy butt =)