Curious...
Bubs is 5 days today and he has this dry flaky skin on his belly and back. Its like dandruff but not on his scalp. What is it? I put vaseline on it which took care of the problem, but am still curious if anyone has seen the same on their munchkins.
Cancel
8 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I had this problem with my little one when he was born. I was told by his nurse that it is normal and will go away after a couple weeks. His skin is getting used to the new environment, so it is going to be extra dry. Keep lotion handy and use it multiple times a day.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I use baby oil in bubs bath and baby moisturizer between bath days. :) I was told its a sign of being over due but my bub was early and he's still got it.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I asked my Dr about it and first thing she said was "Are you using Johnson baby products?" Which I told her no and she then clued me in that Johnson's can cause that flaky skin on babies. Bubs isnt ready to take baths yet (hes only a week old and still has his cord) but we use Aveeno anyway as they're dye and scent free.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
All my 4 kids have had it with or without Johnson products. 3 overdue and one at 36 weeks- so I take it its normal.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Every newborn has dry flaky skin it goes away without use of anything I have four kids and all had it...my doctor even advised against using any lotion or baby oil as they tend to make baby's skin too sensitive
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Every newborn has dry flaky skin it goes away without use of anything I have four kids and all had it...my doctor even advised against using any lotion or baby oil as they tend to make baby's skin too sensitive
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
My baby has it too! Btw aveeno is a j&j product lol
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
ROFL! Seriously? I didnt know that. I like Aveeno though lol. That and Dove. But oh well :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Curious...
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Playgroup: Babies 0-6 Months Community Resources