Playgroup: Babies 0-6 Months Community
Looking for similar stories

WELCOME TO THE PLAYGROUP: BABIES 0-6 MONTHS COMMUNITY: This Playgroup is a support community where parents of babies 0-6 months old can discuss topics such as baby health, safety, developmental milestones, sleeping, feeding, crying, as well as social challenges and financial concerns. We invite you to relax, and stay awhile. It's your place to share advice and make new friends!

Looking for similar stories

PPD or baby blues are hitting me hard after coming home from the hospital. Trying to remember everything they told me about breastfeeding was impossible. Little one just wouldnt latch or stay latched and all he did was cry his poor little eyes out. I finally cracked... I couldnt take it anymore and fed him an ounce of ready made formula the hospital sent us home with. Hes now a happy camper chilling out in his swing. I feel like such a failure but my sister talked to me and turns out she never could produce milk.

How many others has this happened too?
You shouldn't feel like a failure! When my son was born, he had a very serious lung infection, and was hospitalized for weeks. He couldn't eat so I didn't get a chance to breast feed at all and I was like determined. By time he was released from the hospital, I had an infection from not pumping enough and I decided that maybe it wasn't for me. The point is that failing or not failing as a mother is not based on whether or not you breastfeed. It's about nuturing and protecting your young
Thank you... Im feeling better after getting some sleep. I figure as long as Im keeping him happy and keeping my other boys happy then Im doing fine. I appreciate the story you shared though :)
Your not a failure bri. As much as I agree breast is best. I think there is too much pressure put on mums to breastfeed and then when some of us can't it makes us feel useless and like ****. I had to put my first on formula because he wasn't putting on weight. And it took a long time for me to stop feeling like a failure. But in the end I decided that I will do whatever it takes to keep my son healthy and happy. Breast or bottle doesn't make me any less of a mum than the next woman. And plus the quality of formula now is pretty amazing. I'm hoping to be able to breastfeed a bit longer this time but if I can't then so be it. :)
Thank you melza. Hes doing much better since drinking the formula too. Sleeping in his crib too which was a struggle last night. Hes just so adorable :)