Playgroup: Babies 0-6 Months Community
Newborn constipation?

WELCOME TO THE PLAYGROUP: BABIES 0-6 MONTHS COMMUNITY: This Playgroup is a support community where parents of babies 0-6 months old can discuss topics such as baby health, safety, developmental milestones, sleeping, feeding, crying, as well as social challenges and financial concerns. We invite you to relax, and stay awhile. It's your place to share advice and make new friends!

Newborn constipation?

Hi ladies I know this isn't the place to post his but this only active form really I have a 2 weeks old lil girl an I am feeding her enfamil gentlease because she has been gassy since she was born I do the gas drops as well. She hasn't pooped n couple days an today she has been trying to poop an is really constipated  an having a hard time. I'm not a ftm this is my 3rd child but only experienced this with my 1st an it was due to her medications that made her constipated my ? Is there anything that I can do to help her ease her tummy pains
My son was really gassy and got really sick from his formula before we finally figured out he had acid reflux and had to be put on similac alimentum formula but before we figured that out I would lay him down tummy first on my legs and kinda try and prop his little butt in the air and it would usually release some gas...poor girl I hope she feels better, nothing worse then seeing your baby in pain and you feel like you can't help :( I'm sorry
If she hasnt pooped then take a wash rag put it in warm water dont make it to hot lay it across her lower tummy close her diaper over it and let it set for alittle while longer it always help my boys when they couldn't poop.. and another thing that work was the white kyro syrup in the formula when u feed her only use a table spoon u may have to make the nipple alittle bigger so she can drink it hope that helps
I used Kato syrup and warm water. I called the pediatricians after hour office and they also told me to try putting a rectal thermomator up her and see if it releases.
Take a q tip and put a little Vaseline on it n insert in his bump a little inside, u ll c a quick relief, I always do for my son n it works always
My son had such bad constipation that I had to use suppositories for him the first few months
Cooled boiled water inbetween feeds.
I also was told to use Karo syrup the dark works better than the light just mix it with some formula.Her being so young you might call her dr because there might be something else going on.

Hope she feels better soon!
I heard karo syrup was a big no no i used it with my first when he was little cuz my grandma said it would help then i told his pedi and she bout had a heart attack. I don't see what the big issue was but since then i have not used it. Of course he is 3 now and back then when i did use it i did not see any bad from it so i don't know. I just am scared to use it now with my 1 month old
rub her belly CLOCKWISE. will help Move things along.mylecon drops saved my life!