Playgroup: Babies 0-6 Months Community
Sleeping problem

WELCOME TO THE PLAYGROUP: BABIES 0-6 MONTHS COMMUNITY: This Playgroup is a support community where parents of babies 0-6 months old can discuss topics such as baby health, safety, developmental milestones, sleeping, feeding, crying, as well as social challenges and financial concerns. We invite you to relax, and stay awhile. It's your place to share advice and make new friends!

Sleeping problem

My 1 1/2 month old daughter doesn't sleep through the night. She sleeps at 11 and mostly 12, then wakes up 2 hours later. I get so tired :( I know some babies wake up for feeds but how can I get her to sleep through the night? At least 5 hours straight without waking up? And I don't mean by medicine! :) The only times she is wide awake is in the morning around 8, and 9 to 11 or 12. I know I'm supposed to sleep during the day when she does but I just can force myself to sleep.
Honestly, you can't make them. There are various things to try but very few children, especially that young, sleep through the night. Just part of parenthood.

During the day, try to keep her up and active. Make her naps earlier, and keep her awake as best you can later in the evening. Usually these work best as the child is older, but it's something you can try now - if it doesn't work you definitely should try to sleep during the day when she is. I did it and it was a lifesaver. Make the room dark and just relax.
My 4 month old doesn't sleep through the night. Not all babies will especially if you're breastfeeding. Just comes with the territory of being a parents to a newborn/infant
My 5 1/2 mo. old granddaughter is visiting from out of state and she is still not sleeping through the night...on top of that she will cry all the time when held unless up walking the floor with her.  I don't know how her parents do it. I think she is just spoiled

I was really trying to say " I feel for you, farO_jan"...I think some babies 1) don't require as much sleep and 2) they sleep less soundly so they are more sensitive to every little noise.