Playgroup: Babies 0-6 Months Community
Vaccine Schedule - New Born

WELCOME TO THE PLAYGROUP: BABIES 0-6 MONTHS COMMUNITY: This Playgroup is a support community where parents of babies 0-6 months old can discuss topics such as baby health, safety, developmental milestones, sleeping, feeding, crying, as well as social challenges and financial concerns. We invite you to relax, and stay awhile. It's your place to share advice and make new friends!

Vaccine Schedule - New Born

Hello

I have my 3 months daughter and my question is regarding Vaccine Schedule for her.

I was given a Vaccine Schedule at the hospital where she was born, which included lot many optional vaccinations; however at govt center we were given a chart which only had recommended and mandatory set of vaccinations.

I realize that vaccination is vaccination and should be considered but many of them doesnt seem relevant and seems a wastage of money.

There could be different opinions and arguments as it is about child's health but still just to suppress my curiosity, can someone medically suggest how should we decide what is best out of mandatory and options vaccinations....

Pls suggest.

Best Regards
I agree with you and I think nothing like this should be made mandatory I would do some research about pros and cons of vaccination. Do not let them do the Multiples as many problems have arisen from that, ask they be done seperately..check out online , this is your child do not let government tell you otherwise .
I allow my child to get vaccines but never more than 2 at a time. My pedi and I discussed them and put into order of importance.  DTap was first even tho its a 3 in one. Then I go back every couple weeks to get another 2. He thought I was nuts, but oh well. I used to work with autistic kids so I'm scared. The only one she's not gotten is the MMR. I'll wait til she's 5 before doing it as its most controversial.  
I would do the mandatory shots. You can ask for delayed vaccinations and talk about it with your doctor. There are SO MANY people that think shots cause so many problems (the number one being autism) and frankly the idiot that wrote it should be shot. It's been disproven and shots do far more good than harm.

You have to trust what you will and go with what you feel is right.