Playgroup: Babies 0-6 Months Community
advice please
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE PLAYGROUP: BABIES 0-6 MONTHS COMMUNITY: This Playgroup is a support community where parents of babies 0-6 months old can discuss topics such as baby health, safety, developmental milestones, sleeping, feeding, crying, as well as social challenges and financial concerns. We invite you to relax, and stay awhile. It's your place to share advice and make new friends!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

advice please

my daughter is 12 days old I am a ftm and am really concerned i plan on talking to her dr about this at her next apt but would like your advice or just to be let know it is ok. her first week she was on enfamil and did great pooped after every bottle no spit ups no gas now she is on gerber cause thats what wic covers and she only poops once a day stays gassy doesnt seem painful but it is very stinky to the point where i think she needs a diaper changed and all she did is fart and has started spitting up not enough to be really concerned about though my concern is only one poop a day and the gas. is this normal or is it the new formula   not settling with her i know to give it 2 to 3 days for adjustment it has been 5
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I wouldn't b concerned. formula fed baby can go up to 3days with out a bowel movement n being formula fed the farts n poos smell way worse. as for spit up try burping after each ounce n keep baby upright after feeding. Congrats on being a new mommy.
Blank
4402433_tn?1354184298
Only worry if the babys in pain ypu can also talk to wic and have them change formula i get wic my daughts formula has been changed a good 4 times bc she spit up so much....she is on soy and poops like every other day. Doctor says its bc of the soy.
Blank
It would have happened even if you gave your baby gerber first and then enfamil....I have f our and had to switch formula twice...it happened both times once they got use to new formula it went away...of course check with your doctor...but this is what happens when you switch
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Playgroup: Babies 0-6 Months Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...