is this normal?
Im a first time parent my daughter is now 2 days old im so extra and over protective over everything with her and i cant even fall into a good sleep without waking up checking on her every 5 seconds is this normal or am i just a crazy person
I am going thru the same thing. I think it depends on how stressed you are making yourself. I was just diagnosed with Post Partum Anxiety. I am frightened that my baby will stop breathing, so I am constantly checking him. And then when he did stopped breathing it has made it worse, cause now I have a REAL reason to be concerned and worry. Thank goodness he ended up being okay. But it was one of my worst fears coming true.
I was told it is normal to worry and check on your baby often. But when you like it control your life and consume your every thought, then you have a problem.
Its normal! my son is now 3 months and people still have to tell me to calm down and relax