Playgroup: Babies 0-6 Months Community
planning a night out

WELCOME TO THE PLAYGROUP: BABIES 0-6 MONTHS COMMUNITY: This Playgroup is a support community where parents of babies 0-6 months old can discuss topics such as baby health, safety, developmental milestones, sleeping, feeding, crying, as well as social challenges and financial concerns. We invite you to relax, and stay awhile. It's your place to share advice and make new friends!

planning a night out

posted on the BF forum as well

I am trying to prepare for a night out.  The date isnt until mid december but i want to be prepared. It will be my husbands work christmas party..

At the time, my daughter will be 2 months old..  We will be getting a sitter and there is a chance I may have a drink or two at the party... This will be our first time out since her birth..

So my questions are:

#1.  Approximately, how much (oz) should I ensure I have for each feeding while we are out..?  Im thinking ill probably feed her somewhere between 5 and 6 before we leave depending on the starting time of the party.. then I imagine she would have at least 2-3 feeding while we are gone.. I see us leaving the party around 11 pm to get home around 11 30-12pm depending (this seems like high hopes since i pass out at 8 30 every night ;) so it could be earlier).. ill probably need to bottle feed her at least once more during the night to be on the safe side if i do drink (obviously not getting hammered probably 2-3 drinks at tops and probably wont drink after 10pm to give myself extra time to break down the alcohol.)

We will have formula on hand in case we run out of BM but I would rather not use that so more is better...

#2...  In terms of not messing up my flow, I already plan to feed before we leave and then pump when we get back (and toss it) .. but should I bring my pump to the party and do a small pumping session half way..?

I feel so clueless on how to do this.. but i really want to go and figure this out.. so any help would be greatly appreciated
You could bring your pump but if you get full and it can't wait until you get home, I would just hand express in the bathroom or something.
How did it go .. you night out?!

Happened upon your post and was thinking of you.

C~
it went really well. i ended up leaving like 16 oz of BM.. and she only used about 7 oz..... for two feedings.. we had a good time, she did really well wtih the babysitter and slept alot
Yay!  We're gearing up to have a baby (hopefully soon!) and this reminds me I'm going to have to get out my pump and get it ready.  Glad you had a good night!