Playgroup: Babies 6 Months - 1 Year Community
Should I be concerned?

WELCOME TO THE PLAYGROUP: BABIES 6 MONTHS -1 YEAR COMMUNITY: This Playgroup is a support community where parents of babies 6 months -1 year old can discuss topics such as baby health, safety, developmental milestones, sleeping, feeding, crying, as well as social challenges and financial concerns. We invite you to relax, and stay awhile. It's your place to share advice and make new friends!

Should I be concerned?

My son is now 1yrs old. He used to flip out in the morning to get out of the crib, he has one that has the changing table attached, he would throw every thing off and scream until I went in there.

NOW it's completely changed, I don't even know when he wakes up, yesterday was a blah kind of day and I didn't wake up until 12........I looked at the alarm clock in SHOCK, that i didn't hear a peep out of my son. He was pleasantly playing in the crib. Then today, my hubby woke me up at 1040am and said don't you think it's weird, what's up with the baby is he still sleeping, nope I went in there he was wide awake, almost seemed as if he was waiting for me, his music thing was on and he has a stuffed animal teething giraffe he loves...........but I find it so odd that he doesn't let me know he's up..........

He would usually cry between 7:00- 9am.

Whats going on ????????
Please comment, this has been the past 2 days, is this normal?
Maybe he is beginning to become more independent. He is happy with playing now. Or he's just realized that he's sick of crying for 2 hours and no one comes for him so he's given up!
How come you didn't just get up with him at 7 before? What time does he go to bed?
Do you mean you'd let him cry for that long, or he'd start crying because he woke up somewhere between 7-9? I agree with Heatherm4 that he may just be getting more independent, but if you're letting him cry for a long time he may be losing trust in you and realizing that his crying is doing nothing.