Playgroup: Babies 6 Months - 1 Year Community
any input Y they just won't eat?

WELCOME TO THE PLAYGROUP: BABIES 6 MONTHS -1 YEAR COMMUNITY: This Playgroup is a support community where parents of babies 6 months -1 year old can discuss topics such as baby health, safety, developmental milestones, sleeping, feeding, crying, as well as social challenges and financial concerns. We invite you to relax, and stay awhile. It's your place to share advice and make new friends!

any input Y they just won't eat?

Ok we have an 8 month old boy and this is the second time he has just decided that he doesn't want to eat solid food. He has been eatting solids for months now and I guess it was about 3weeks to a month ago he started being difficult.he is teething but at this point in time he doesn't have any coming in .we chalked up the first time he did this to his teeth cuz he was pushing two up. But he only stopped for about 2 days an then started to eat like normal a couple of weeks has went by an we are now doing it again he puts his chin down turns his head anything to keep the spoon out of his mouth an as I said before he is not cutting any teeth at this time and its been going on for 4 to 5 days this time. I can open his mouth and shovel some food in and he will eat it .its just getting him to open his mouth like I said though once its in his mouth he eats just fine .any suggestions of why this might be would be helpful. He is frustrating his daddy big time .it's coming to the point that he is back to getting the runny bottle food poopies. An once he stopped doing those it was a blessing they are smellier put easier to deal with an I really. Would like to have them back . Please help us get back to the hard poopies please.
Have you tried giving him very soft pieces of food that he can possibly pick up and feed himself? Like banana or something? Maybe he just isn't hungry when you try feeding him. I wouldn't force it on him. Are you eating at the same time? Babies like to mimic.
Thank you for your response sorry I haven't had a chance to reply as we have had a death in the family and I haven't been online lately.AS to our little one he is back to eatting again. I or should I say we still have no idea why he has these little spell's. We do try and eat our meals with him but sometime's his schedule is a bit off of ours.He doesn't seem to mind either way it was the same . I have not tried soft small piece's of fruit as of yet he does have teeth but still hasn't figured out they're for chewing . I have tried out the very small quick dissolving little snacks which he is starting to learn to chew but he will still gag some when trying to swallow piece's and not just of those just chunky little pieces of anything even mashed star pasta that comes in some baby food's but at least he is back to eatting again. Know to get those chomper's working and for him to stop gaging and will be good .I will try the bananna's pretty soon Thanks so much for your advice it's much appreciated !
Also I don't see a best response button but you get my vote when I find it. Thanks again.