Playgroup: Babies 6 Months - 1 Year Community
first birthday

WELCOME TO THE PLAYGROUP: BABIES 6 MONTHS -1 YEAR COMMUNITY: This Playgroup is a support community where parents of babies 6 months -1 year old can discuss topics such as baby health, safety, developmental milestones, sleeping, feeding, crying, as well as social challenges and financial concerns. We invite you to relax, and stay awhile. It's your place to share advice and make new friends!

first birthday

ok so my twins will be a year in 3 months, but i dont know what to do on a baby's first birthday right now they dont even know their birthday lol but i do want to celebrate it but i dont know how. who do i invite i dont have any baby friends. my family already lives me with me (dont have a big family) any ideas would be great =D
It is nice to invite all who celebrated the birth and have gotten to know them and or you personally. Other babies are fine to invite with mamas and papas.

You celebrate like any other b-day except they need thier own cake;) You can buy very little individual ones, make one or just use a cup cake for each of them with a candle in it. This was the first time I gave all my kids something very messy and did not worry about a few bites at a time, I let them enjoy thier cake how ever they wanted. It doe sget messy but it is fun for both us and them to eat on thier own such a big thing. Hats are fun but they tend to pull an dtug so much it will make marks around thier knecks so I just put it on for the cake for picture purposes, and it was the onyl time they wern't interested in it. Then I did take it off for the actual eating part. I would do presents first too as they will need baths right after eating! Others will not want to wait around for that. Now I did a pretty cake that everyone ate and did plain icing on thier little cakes so they did nto eat coloring and get it all over them. My nephew had red icing on his cake and when he got in the tub it was pure red and then his whole body was red for a few days!!! Coloring was not meant to get on us in high quantities.LOL

You can site pictures out for everyone to see of them through the whole year too, everyone seems to like that! Then nothing much else really. Make it right after a nap time so they are not fussy too and if they aren't used to having to many people in your house or around that you are having for the party take time with them and do thing on thier terms it is fine if you have some crying and if they need a break in their room then that is fine too everyone can still celebrate and talk. I am sure they will do how the did at Christmas time.

And sit out the tissues! I cried on and off all day when all mine ahve turned 1!!!!!!

ballons are good to as long as they don't play with them as if they pop they can sufficate on them. the foil ballons are good for them! Hope you have fun, I am sure you will!
thank you so much! that gives me a pretty good idea what im going to for their birthday im so excited more excited then they are lol
How exciting what did you end up doing for their first birthday?  We have a very small family too so birthday parties start as soon as the child wakes up :D  That's right we have cake for breakfast and gifts.  We usually dress them up and have the room all decorated and then we sit down to open gifts.  It's just a tradition for us.
Many years ago (won't mention how many LOL), we did a small family/friends buffet and bears were the theme .. stuffed little bear on the table, bear cake, bear balloons out of reach of the kids that were guests, etc.

Well, the guests are all having a great time, when one of them notices she has come down with the Chicken Pox ... quickly she left, as well as all of my guests and those coming wouldn't come in .. back then there wasn't the vaccine and pregnant guests and those with young children were afraid of being exposed.

So we shall never forget that 1st Bear Birthday party ...

Ok .. I shall reveal ... she is almost 21yrs old now .. but I still have her stuffed bear, her invites, photos, and memory of her First B'day.

A bit off track, but you did bring back some memories ....

C~
oh my what a story!  I didn't contract chicken pox until I was 18, so I feel for those people.  Definitely a birthday party you will never forget.