Pocket Pets & Small Animals Community
Broken teeth swollen face

This forum is for questions and support regarding your p ocket pets and other small pets!

Broken teeth swollen face

My 8 yr old ferret broke off two teeth, I have some Clindacure from my cats can I give it to the ferret to fight infdection
No, please don't. Some medications work well in some species and can be dangerous in others. Plus there's the issue of proper dosage for the size and species. I don't know how badly broken the teeth are but the ferret should be seen by a vet. If the break is deep into the tissue, the remainder will have to be removed. Or if there's a crack running below the gums, the vet will have to decide what to do next. In any case, it's probably painful and they can provide some pain medication till the teeth are treated.
TY I am taking him to emergency vet today
Thank you. I hope the doctor can determine how bad the breaks are and fix things. If it's just the tips, no problem. But your note sounded like it was much more than that. Good luck to you both.