Pocket Pets & Small Animals Community
Cat losing hair

This forum is for questions and support regarding your p ocket pets and other small pets!

Cat losing hair

Hey i noticed my cat is losing hair on his hind legs down to his foot joint.  I noticed it a lil then today when i was watching him walk it was like bare all the way from his paw joint up his hind leg. He definlay is a licker and i see him lick that area alot andi mean alot and try to stop him. He also lost a cat friend a couple months ago  could this just be stress? He eats very well , goes outside, is active/playful, and alomst 2. Any suggestion would be great!
You could try posting this on the cat forum if you haven't already. It could be a skin condition (check with the vet for that) or as you said, some stress related licking habit. That's not unusual. He seems to be in good health otherwise from your comments. If his skin isn't red and irritated (as in eczema or parasites), you could try spending extra time with him to help him get over the loss. If you see skin sores at all, definitely take him in to be checked to avoid any secondary infections.
Thanks Ireneo  no rednnes or bumbs or anything just bare so thats a good sign. Also thanks for letting me know there is  cat forum!lol i didnt even think to look came across this one and thought this was the only one! Thanks again!
I hope your little friend recovers well and gets over his loneliness.

Years ago we had 2 cats, one from the Humane Society and one that was semi-feral but tolerated us. They never got along all that well since Mimi (the feral) was too nervous. After Neffie the adopted cat was gone, Mimi perked right up, became queen of the house and was a different personality all together. Amazing.