Pocket Pets & Small Animals Community
Cat losing hair
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding your p ocket pets and other small pets!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cat losing hair

Hey i noticed my cat is losing hair on his hind legs down to his foot joint.  I noticed it a lil then today when i was watching him walk it was like bare all the way from his paw joint up his hind leg. He definlay is a licker and i see him lick that area alot andi mean alot and try to stop him. He also lost a cat friend a couple months ago  could this just be stress? He eats very well , goes outside, is active/playful, and alomst 2. Any suggestion would be great!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
187666_tn?1331176945
You could try posting this on the cat forum if you haven't already. It could be a skin condition (check with the vet for that) or as you said, some stress related licking habit. That's not unusual. He seems to be in good health otherwise from your comments. If his skin isn't red and irritated (as in eczema or parasites), you could try spending extra time with him to help him get over the loss. If you see skin sores at all, definitely take him in to be checked to avoid any secondary infections.
Blank
984138_tn?1359816673
Thanks Ireneo  no rednnes or bumbs or anything just bare so thats a good sign. Also thanks for letting me know there is  cat forum!lol i didnt even think to look came across this one and thought this was the only one! Thanks again!
Blank
187666_tn?1331176945
I hope your little friend recovers well and gets over his loneliness.

Years ago we had 2 cats, one from the Humane Society and one that was semi-feral but tolerated us. They never got along all that well since Mimi (the feral) was too nervous. After Neffie the adopted cat was gone, Mimi perked right up, became queen of the house and was a different personality all together. Amazing.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pocket Pets & Small Animals Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...